Meet Destinee Handly aka Miss Handly. She has worked with some of my faves — Audrina Patridge, Jenna Jameson, Lilly Ghalichi, Paula Abdul and Nasty Gal.
I met the oh-so-gorgeous Miss Handly at a shoot and was intrigued by her personal style that I couldn’t wait to collaborate with her. For this fun nail look, she decided to incorporate real feathers.
– TOOLS –
Clippers / Scissors
– STEPS –
1. Clean nails and apply base coat. We used one by Floss Gloss.
2. Apply 1-2 coats of your favorite colour. Three coats if using an opaque polish like ours, Fiji by Essie.
3. Let nail polish dry then thinly apply topcoat. Our pick is by Seche Vite.
4. Immediately apply tips of feather to middle of nail, trailing off the tip of the nail, and pat down gently. The softer the feather the easier they are to apply.
5. Apply top coat over feather and let dry completely.
6. Using scissors or clippers, trim the feather around your nail and file the rest off in a downward motion at the tip of your nail.
7. Apply your third layer of topcoat to really seal that feather in there. And don’t forget to swipe across the tip!
For more nail inspiration, check out her personal blog misshandly.com