With my hectic work schedule, I often find myself super exhausted and low on energy. For years, coffee has been my go-to for energy (I love a good cup!), but as we all know, caffeine crashes can be brutal. Luckily, I’ve come across some great substitutes for coffee that leave me feeling refreshed and energized, even when I’m running on empty. This energy drink recipe is a game changer.
Revitalize Your Body
Many people tend to reach for sugar and caffeine when they’re feeling run-down. Being on set, it’s easy to reach for a handful of M&M’s or drink coffee like your life depends on it, and believe you me, I have done so many times. A couple of years ago, I started making this healthy, energizing drink, and now a day doesn’t go by where I don’t start my morning with it. I usually have some with me on set as well- it’s a great mid-afternoon pick me up.
2 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar (I like Braggs)
A squeeze of lime
8 oz. of sparkling mineral water (Low Sodium)
• Potassium – helps to prevent brittle teeth, hair loss, runny noses
• Pectin – helps to regulate blood pressure, reduce bad cholesterol
• Malic Acid – gives properties of being anti-viral, anti-bacterial & anti-fungal
• Calcium – helps create strong bones and teeth
• Ash – gives its alkaline property; aids your body in maintaining proper pH levels
• Acetic Acid – slows the digestion of starch; helps to lower the rise in glucose after meals
• natural remedy for heartburn; replacement for toxic heartburn medications
• improve bowel irregularity; removing toxins from the body at a faster rate
• helps curb sugar cravings
• helps clear up skin conditions and blemishes; gives a smoother texture and complexion
• helps with joint pain and stiffness
• helps to break down fats so that your body can use them rather than store them
• helps reduce levels of glucose
If you don’t think the elixir is for you, check out my beauty tea. It’s super delicious, has lots of health and beauty benefits, and the proceeds go to Two Wings, which uses education, mentoring and life coaching to empower at-risk youth and survivors of sex trafficking in achieving their dreams in the greater Southern California region.
Get Excited About Exercise
When you’re feeling tired, the last thing you want to think about is exercising. The truth of the matter, however, is that exercise is one of the best things you can do to combat sluggishness. Take a short walk, spend 15 minutes doing yoga poses, jump rope for 10 minutes- you don’t need to spend hours at the gym to get the benefits that come with getting your blood pumping. Find something you like to do, and stick with it. Reward yourself with a nice cup of sparkling elixir and let yourself splurge on a cute exercise outfit. Here are some of my favorites: